The new Zacuto PlaZma Light, with over 30 patents on Micro Plasma Technology, will change the way you light. It has already received a “Best Innovation” award from the BCPVA at the NAB 2012 and was one of the most talked about products on the exhibition floor! Thousands of filmmakers, photographers, news channels and other professionals stopped by Zacuto’s booth at NAB, some repeatedly, all amazed by the sheer amount of light coming from such a small, flat source.
Above: Side, Front & Back View of the Zacuto PlaZma Light
Steve and Jens, in their quest for perfection, are working on increasing the already high output level, CRI and conducting intensive testing to make sure the PlaZma Light is at the Zacuto standards level. 4th generation production models are being tested daily at Zacuto. Several units have run at full power for 60 days without interruption, drop testing & accessory testing is also being conducted. Make sure you sign up to our mailing list for updates!
Sign Up To Learn More About PlaZma Light Features & Availability
Stay current with our newsletter & product updates, sign up here!
Change the Way You Light with PlaZma Light
Unlike a LED light, the Zacuto PlaZma Light is a super soft light source much like a Chimera soft box, yet extremely bright when needed. It is production grade quality, dimmable, thin, light and portable. Measuring less than an inch think, they can fit into extremely small spaces. Zacuto PlaZma Lights will be available in many sizes and shapes. The PlaZma Light is environmentally friendly, no mercury or lead used and is made in the USA.
Key features of the Zacuto PlaZma Light:
- Puts out an impressive 2000 lumens versus other industry 1×1 LED panels at 1200 lumens and 777 lumens on side lit reflected LEDS.
- Has a characteristic incandescent curve unlike LEDS that can have a nasty green spike and don’t mix well with practical or tungsten lights.
- The daylight balanced curve is unwavering at 5800K and mix well with HMIs.
- Just like traditional soft lights, the PlaZma Light has a wide light pattern as opposed to the spotty nature of an LED. But unlike traditional soft lights, the PlaZma Light has a huge throw.
- The soft nature of the PlaZma Light enables actors to look directly into it (from 5 inches) without squinting. The light fills the face with beautiful soft light unlike existing lights, including LEDs, which force you to lose light output as they need to be diffused, bounced or have an umbrella attached to it.
The PlaZma Lights will be available in a 1×1 Tungsten or Daylight. We are also working on making different sizes as well as accessories such as barndoors and expandable snoot. The lights are powered by 110-240V 50-60 Hz AC or 11-18V DC with a 3 Stud Anton Bauer like battery or a Sony V-Lock battery. The power box also has the dimmer. The control box connects to the light via weather proof 10 or 25 foot head cable or and be placed on the ground or mounted on the light stand.
If you are looking for a small, portable AC/DC soft light, that is less expensive then LED hard lighting, the PlaZma Light is the choice for you! The Zacuto PlaZma Lights are due out Fall 2013.
Zacuto PlaZma Light Comparison Chart
How does the Zacuto PlaZma Light stack up against LitePanels, Lowel, DeoLight and Rosco? Click to find out!
PlaZma Light Wins Best Innovation Award From BCPVA At NAB 2012
The Zacuto PlaZma Light was one of the most talked about innovations at the NAB 2012 conference, winning the Best Innovation award from the BCPVA and wowing thousands of filmmakers and photographers who stopped by the Zacuto booth. In this video live from NAB 2012, Robin Peters explains the capabilities of the PlaZma Light and shows how it compares to a standard LED light.