Sound Series by Clinton Harn
Welcome to Film Sound Sessions with Clinton Harn. Film Sound Sessions is a collection of articles designed to educate and inform filmmakers on how to record exceptional audio for film and video.
Clinton Harn has been working as a record producer, filmmaker, session musician, drummer and recording engineer for the past 15 years. He has been a lecturer at JMC academy for the last 10 years, where he teaches things like sound for film, music production analysis to effective business practices and copyright law. Clinton also runs his own production company specializing in music videos, documentaries, short feature films and sound for post and pre-production. The man knows his stuff.
Check out the short videos below and his articles, all on getting the best sound.
- Sound Perspectives 101
- Audio Tools of the Trade, Part 1: RAD, PICSS, STAT
- Audio Tools of the Trade, Part 2: Dynamic Mics, Electret & True Condensers
- Audio Tools of the Trade, Part 3: Polar Patterns
- Audio Tools of the Trade, Part 4: Support Systems
- Video Tutorials: Capturing Sound in Cars
- The Metaphorical “Budget” Allocation for Sound
- The Metaphorical “Budget” Allocation for Sound, Part 2
Recent PostsHow To Bring a Cinematic Look to a Small Budget Commercial, part 3
Zacuto heads to Cine Gear Expo
What Tripod Do You Use?
6 Tips for Professional Looking Food Photography
How To Bring a Cinematic Look to a Small Budget Commercial, Part 2